Since I missed class monday I have to sum up my argument and my picture. My argument in my commonplace is that the effects of Global Warming are greatly blown out of proportion by the media and politicians. So in my picture I have a politician (Al Gore) and several news networks putting the heat on planet Earth. This sums up my belief that Global Warming may be real but the implications it has on the planet have been greatly exaggerated, that these to sources have been adding as much to Global Warming as C02 emissions.I think making an argument in an image is much different from making an argument in writing. Making an image is much more compelling, sometimes a text argument can be boring, while an image is eye-catching and open to interpretation. Think about a Time Magazine cover, we have entire discussions from just looking at it, while we would have to read and analyze an actual article before discussing it. There is definately an easier accesibility. I also feel images can be more profound. I would much rather look at a political cartoon then read a political article, and I feel like I would appreciate the argument better if it was put into a well-thought out image.
No comments:
Post a Comment